Tutor Scholar Music
Online & In-home Music Lessons
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: How long has Tutor Scholar been in operation?
A: We have been in operation since 2015.
2. Q: Will it be the same tutor coming every time?
A: Yes, it will be the same tutor unless circumstances change, at which time we would assign another tutor.
3. Q: Are the tutors certified teachers?
A: Our tutors are not necessarily certified teachers. We require that our tutors have went through the Canadian music curriculum, have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Music or equivalent from a Canadian post-secondary institution in the instrument they are tutoring and have at least 2 years of tutoring experience.
4. Q: Do the tutors have Vulnerable Sector Checks/Screens since they may be tutoring minors?
A: Yes, all of our tutors have obtained Vulnerable Sector Checks/Screens in which their records do not indicate any offences.
5. Q: How soon can I get a tutor?
A: We require at least 48 hours notice.
6. Q: How soon after I make a payment can I get a tutor?
A: After you make a payment, we require at least 48 hours before we can assign a tutor.
7. Q: What are the tutoring hours of operation?
A: Our tutoring hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 4:00pm to 10:00pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00am to 10:00pm.
8. Q: After I book a Session Package, if I want to add more sessions per week, can I do so?
A: Yes, you can. The cost would be at the same rate of the current Session Package.
9. Q: Can I change the Session Package after my current Session Package finishes?
A: Yes, you can book any Session Package you like.
10. Q: How is payment taken?
A: We take e-transfer (no fee), credit card over-the-phone (3.50% fee), credit card online-via-PayPal (3.50% fee) or PayPal (3.50% fee). We do not accept cash payment.
11. Q: If I am not satisfied with the tutor, will the tutor be changed?
A: If you are not satisfied with the tutor, we will change the tutor.
12. Q: What is your refund policy?
A: If you decide that you would like to discontinue tutoring for any reason, we will refund your payment minus a $50.00 deposit. The $50.00 deposit will be waived if we determine that the tutoring was not rendered appropriately.
13. Q: What is the protocol if either the student or tutor cannot make the session due to illness or inclement weather?
A: If a session needs to be cancelled due to illness or inclement weather, the tutor will provide a make up session in the same or following week, at a day and time that is mutually agreed upon with the client.
14. Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A: We require 24 hours notice for a cancellation prior to the time of the session, otherwise we will have to charge for the full amount of the scheduled session.